Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Groups 201-204 Homework: Sylvia asks about smart girls

You have 20 minutes to write this letter to Sylvia. Please write on a separate piece of paper and bring it to your class on November 20 or 21.

You have received a letter from your English-speaking pen-friend Sylvia who writes:
Source.
… I got another good grade on my last biology lab report. My lab partner, Sam, says that I’m fun to work with. He got a good grade, too! But he invited another girl to the school dance. I was not pleased—I thought he might ask me this time. In your country, do girls with top grades get dates? What do boys think about smart girls? Do girls sometimes pretend they are not as smart as they really are?
Anyway, my teacher promised to write me a good recommendation letter for my university applications.
Write a letter of about 100-140 words to Sylvia. Observe the rules of good letter-writing. In your letter,
  • answer her questions;
  • ask 3 questions about her plans for university.
Remember: This week I'd like to receive your letter to Julie and any late homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment