Wednesday, April 6, 2011

S200 groups: Robert Cray's "I'm Just Lucky That Way"

Here's Robert Cray's great version of Rick Estrin's song "I'm Just Lucky That Way."



I’m Just Lucky That Way, Richard S Estrin; James R Pugh; Donnie Woodruff

Well, I cussed out my boss and got fired
Then I hit the lottery and now I’m retired
The odds of that happenin’: slim to none
But I wasn’t surprised when I won
It happens every day
I’m just lucky that way

I’m not braggin’, don’t take it like that
But good things just seem to fall in my lap
My good fortune, I cannot help
I’m just lucky in spite of myself
It happens every day
I’m just lucky that way

Friends and relations knockin’ down my door
Not to mention folks I’ve never seen before
Got my phone number changed,
had it taken out of the book
Still my phone keeps ringin’ off the hook
My luck’s so good
’Til it’s a crying shame
I have to move up the country
I have to change my name
It happens every day, I win when I play
I’m just lucky that way, yeah

You know I win when I play
I’m just lucky that way

No comments:

Post a Comment