Monday, March 14, 2011

200 groups: "I Never Loved a Man"



I Never Loved a Man (The Way I Loved You), Ronnie Shannon (as performed by Aretha Franklin)

You’re a no good heart breaker
You’re a liar and you’re a cheat
And I don’t know why I let you do these things to me
My friends keep telling me that you ain’t no good
But oh, but they don't know that I’d leave you if I could
I guess I’m uptight and I’m stuck like glue
’Cause I ain’t never I ain’t never, I ain’t never, no, no
(loved a man the way that I, I love you)

Some time ago I thought you had run out of fools
But I was so wrong
You got one that you’ll never lose
The way you treat me is a shame
How could you hurt me so bad
Baby, you know that I’m the best thing that you ever had

Kiss me once again
Don't you never, never say that we’re through
Cause I ain’t never never never, no, no
(Loved a man the way that I, I love you)

I can’t sleep at night
And I can’t eat a bite
I guess I’ll never be free
Since you got, your hooks, in me

Whoa, oh, oh, yeah! yeah!
I ain’t never loved a man
I ain’t never loved a man, baby
Ain’t never had a man that hurt me so bad
No
Well this is what I’m gonna do about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment