Link to full article.)
- Please summarize this article in one or two sentences.
- What do you know or believe about the countries involved in this situation that you did not know or believe before you read the article?
- What additional information should the writer have included?
- What audience does the writer have in mind?
- Is the article objective? Is there any apparent bias or favoritism on the part of the reporter or the publisher (BBC News)?
- How do the photos, captions, and subtitles (in the online version of the article) contribute to the effectiveness of the article?
no ifs, ands, or buts (and variations)
to reserve the right
to break a taboo
war of words
meddling in [another country's] internal affairs
to cross a line
to seek asylum