The full article (class handout) is here in PDF format.
This is one of the best overviews of the U.S. presidential election that I have seen in the international press. Some questions for you to consider as you prepare your summaries and comments:
- What does the author intend to provide you in this article?
- What are the emphases and arguments under each of the article's subheads?
- In the author's view, what are some of the main features that differentiate this specific presidential race from others that have gone before?
- Is the author objective? (How did you decide?)
- Is the author fair? (Is "fairness" different from "objectivity"?)
Please be prepared to discuss this article in one week after you receive it in class.